Cats and Dogs Course Description:
Text: Charisma-The Art of Relationships, author Michael Grinder
This one day workshop provides participants with advanced skills for establishing and developing relationships in order to more effectively manage hard-to-reach, resistant students, parents, and co-workers.
In this workshop participants learn how to:
- Recognize, understand, and interpret the “cat” and “dog” behaviors in ourselves and others
- Increase one’s own ability to appear non-verbally intelligent, credible, and respectful
- Operate and manage situations from either our “Position” or our “Person”
- Apply NINE LIVES (9 basic skills) for managing difficult and resistant students
- Use CATNIP (6 advanced skills) for becoming a charismatic teacher/manager
- Know which conflicts not to try to resolve
- Lure and entice resistant “cats” into relationship, cooperation, and team membership
- Implement workshop practices
- Use the text resources for continued job-embedded study and professional development
Accountability: Every skill addressed in this workshop can be enhanced with on-going practice, coaching feedback, and job-embedded professional cadre study. A & J Educational and Professional Consulting, therefore, provides strongly a menu of choices for sustainability, accountability, and professional growth as a result of this workshop.